tonight I took off for my run in a hurry to be able to finish it before Mackenzie needed to eat again. In my rush I forgot my headphones and 1/2 mile into it I realized I didn't have music. (can you tell I'm a little sleepy these days?) I decided to forge ahead and really enjoyed time in the calm of the afternoon. It was a cloudy, cold day but so nice to just enjoy the slow sounds that surrounded me. I felt very relaxed even when running up hills and in the cold wind. Who would have thought I would find a moment of peace in the middle of my hard run? I'm still enjoying my runner's high, 5 hrs later!
3 comments:
YAY for you! :)
You're going to have such a great time at that race! Have you decided whether or not you're bringing your headphones?? :)
I don't think we can use headphones because of the deaths at the Chicago race last year. I have heard there are lots of bands playing along the way so I won't be without music :o)
Post a Comment