Tuesday, January 6, 2009

on a mission

well, after months of just talking about it, I have taken the plunge... I'm registered to run a 1/2 marathon on February 15th in Austin, TX. I almost can't believe it, but I am really excited. A friend of mine mentioned it last summer when we were both pregnant and I thought she was crazy. Then my sister signed up and Aaron committed to running the full marathon with a friend. I didn't want to be the lone member of our group sitting on the sidelines come race day. I am loving getting a little me time when I'm on a run and am thrilled to find enjoyment in the open road. Days that I do my run on the treadmill is a different story but for now the weather is allowing me to be in the great outdoors. Only 5 1/2 weeks to go.

6 comments:

Robo Family said...

Go you! I always wished I enjoyed running!

Amanda said...

I didn't know you are running a half! I'm so jealous!!! I wish I could join you!

E. Merritt said...

Good for you! I've run the Austin 1/2 the past two years and really enjoyed the race. Too bad I can't do it this year...

shawna [of styleberryBLOG] said...

YAY for you!!! What a great goal!

The Jackson Journey said...

thanks for the support ladies! I have been on the fence and it feels good to commit. I'll let you know how it goes.

Tori said...

YOU GO!!! Always an inspiration to know someone else out there is training hard and dedicated to a goal!