ok, so you are probably thinking this is a cute story about my 2 yr old testing his boundaries... actually it is his momma trying to win against her mind. All things went well this morning as we headed to the gym so I could get my 5 mile run in. I was going to the track, not my favorite idea, but I knew that later tonight I would be less likely to get it done. I grabbed Aaron's Ipod to have good tunes to keep me moving and his Garmin watch to keep me going at the right pace. We get there and the waiting list sign is up in the childcare. I walk in to ask how long and they tell me there was an opening, YAY, so the kids are dropped off and I head to the track. This is going to be great, everything is going my way! Well, on the way there I try to get the Ipod ready to go and discover it is dead. Bad news. Then when I get to the track I realize the one wall of windows does not out weigh the 3 walls of cement blocks, so no satellite connection on the watch (I should have been able to figure this out beforehand but my mind wasn't working that great this morning). I'm completely without technology. Really bad news. It is me, the humming of a few fans and the occasional sound of a basketball shot. There are a couple of people walking on the inside lane and then me, going round and round. I thought I could make a to-do list but nothing was coming to mind (not because of a lack of things to do!) Then I was going to sing songs in my head but I would get through a line and accidentally switch songs and couldn't remember the words to ANYTHING. So, I just kept talking myself into a little longer and before I knew it, 55 laps later, I had run my 5 miles! I sometimes think I want some quiet time without toys and kids needing me, however, today I realized that while a few minutes of quiet is nice, it isn't all it is cracked up to be, at least when you are running on an indoor track! What a great boost of confidence when race day is only 3 weeks away.
1 comment:
OH. MY. GOSH. I could have never done that! Way to go!!!
Post a Comment