Wednesday, September 23, 2009

a debate decided

We are living in our 5th house since getting married in 2003. That is a lot of moving, a lot of packing and unpacking. During these adventures I always tell Aaron he needs to downsize his book collection (he has most of his college textbooks, now law school books and just other random books). He would say our kids will use them someday which would always get a laugh out of me! His collection has grown from one box full to several that I can't even pick up! In our new house we were excited to unpack all these books for the first time since we have been married. I thought this might inspire him to let go of a few because he would see just how many he had. Well, that is not quite how it went down. We bought a bookshelf and just put them all in to be dealt with at a later date. On Saturday, Aaron was organizing in that room and Matthew picked up a book. For 20 minutes, he read his new found book and was talking about all sorts of stuff as he did. I captured a picture of this moment and had to give up my fight for less old textbooks in the house. Aaron's dream came true and his son actually "read" one of his books.


No comments: