Saturday, October 10, 2009

SNOW

So when you have lived in Texas and Oklahoma most of your life you don't really pay any attention to a "chance of snow" in the forecast. I recall hearing that predicted for Saturday morning but didn't think it would actually happen on October 10th! We had lots of plans for our last Saturday together for a while and had even talked about the zoo. Well, much to our surprise, we were greeted with a blanket of white this morning and it is STILL snowing! By 9am we had already had a bacon and egg breakfast, made snow angels and finished our first snowman in our new house. What a beautiful day. So glad that we bought Matt snow boots last week, never thought we would need them so soon. Although our plans have been altered today, I feel so blessed that Aaron was here to make these memories with us as we celebrate the first snow of the season. It does make me a little nervous that our snow season has begun, we are in for a long winter! Here are a few pictures of our morning.

Daddy and Matt in the snow

Mommy looking ridiculous to take a picture of the boys

Matt kicking the snow and enjoying making footprints

Mommy making a snow angel

our first snowman

Mommy and Matt with the snowman

Daddy and Matt with the snowman

2 comments:

chrisandtif said...

Wow! I love the snowman! I miss you all! Hope you are having fun!

shawna [of styleberryBLOG] said...

oh beth! this is rare! We only had snow before christmas 1 of the 4 years we lived there! As I can recall, there were usually only 2 or 3 major storms each year, usually in march! I love the green grass snow storms! I have missed omaha terribly the last few weeks. :( Enjoy it for me!