Sunday, June 28, 2009

BLAST OFF!

MACKENZIE IS WALKING! She can make it across the room before falling because she is so excited! It is a blast to see her so happy and giggling as she takes steps to us. SO FUN!! She is walking earlier than Matthew but so motivated to be chasing him. It is adorable to see them playing. However, he did ask if he could push her tonight to get started... instead we had him hold his arms open to catch her. What a blast!

We are headed to Omaha this week. Our furniture is getting delivered on Thursday. It will feel more real then, to see our stuff in the house but still weird. It will be good for Matthew to see his stuff again and sleep in his bed for a few nights.

Aaron is studying his days away. We had heard people tell their stories about how much time is required to prepare for the bar but I don't think it ever really sunk in for me. He is amazing at balancing his time with everything but I know he will be ready to crash when it is all over. I'm truly blessed to have him as my husband.

Matthew is all boy and doing great. He is potty-trained!! It has been fabulous! A couple of accidents but much smoother than I thought it would be. He has been enjoying all the pool time this summer and playing in a huge sand mound at Gammy and Papa's house. Life doesn't get any better than that! I love being able to have a conversation with him and to hear what his mind comes up with, so creative! We recently went to the zoo (a reward for a week of pooping in the potty) and had a great time seeing all the animals. Our trip started with more education than I was ready for, the chimps were mating. Luckily, Matthew and his friend, Dylan, just laughed at the funny bottoms and we left it at that! We saw Timon (from Lion King) alert looking around and then he disappeared into a tunnel. Matthew thought that was great because he does that in a movie. He loves animals and it was so fun to come home and tell Daddy everything we saw.

off to bed to prepare for another wild and crazy day as the mom of 2 incredible cute kids!

1 comment:

chrisandtif said...

YAY! I can't believe that she is walking! Crazy! You all have safe travel this week.
I can't believe how much Chris is studying...I am ready for this to be over with- less than a month to go!