On February 15th Aaron ran the full marathon and I ran the half. I'm not a runner but had a little healthy peer pressure from a friend and my sister. When Aaron decided to train and I thought I could see how it went. I knew I could do it when I finished a four mile run with my sister on Christmas day, thanks for the encouragement Katie! So, less than 2 months later, race day was upon us. I thought I had lost my mind when I got up on Sunday morning to get ready. Trying to eat was a joke, the nerves had set in. But as the sun came up and the race began, we set off on a journey I thought I might never take. It was incredible to cross the finish line.
the crew just before the race

Matthew stretching with Ginger after the run

more stretching, Matt loves Ginger!

the girls after the 1/2 marathon

Aaron's head just before crossing the finish line

us with my sister

our best friends, the Kilroy's, and us after the run

Aaron and I after our races

Matt giving us a #1 sign, he was so proud

my first post race meal, burger and sweet potato fries

The entire family at Kerbey Lane
1 comment:
way to go!! that is a huge accomplishment! especially this soon after a baby =)
Post a Comment