Monday, February 13, 2012

Welcome Mary Elizabeth!!

After not being in a hurry to join us, Mary made her grand entrance in a rush. We all went to an appointment on Thursday afternoon and learned that I had not progressed from the previous week. I was not excited by the news but continued to trust in HIS perfect timing. We were sitting at the dinner table that night when the first contraction came. After 40 minutes of them coming 4 minutes apart, we called our sweet friend, Theresa, to let her know it was time. Thankfully, she was already out and just picked the up from our house, we didn't know at the time that this was a vital point in the nights events. I wanted to labor at home as long as possible but my contractions were getting stronger. After a nudge from Aaron and my mom, we headed to the hospital. I was a 5 when we checked in and 40 minutes later Mary was in my arms, less than 2 hours from my first contraction. Our doctor didn't even make it for her big arrival. So thankful we made it to the hospital! What a whirlwind. We are enjoying being home and snuggling our new miracle!





Going home!

4 comments:

Allison said...

She is a doll! Wish I could bring you dinner. :) Glad the labor was easy and quick!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! What a fun story to tell about her arrival. Our number three came in a similar - quick - fashion. Glad to hear you are home. Hope all are adjusting well to the new little one!

Sara A.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Love the 3 M's!

Amanda said...

Wow! What a great birth story!!! She's beautiful!