Wednesday, May 19, 2010

catch up time

We have had the craziest couple of weeks. We traveled for a family trip to Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City, celebrated Matt's birthday, Mother's Day, Aaron's birthday and took Aaron to the airport for his deployment to Panama. We made lots of great memories and enjoyed so many sweet treats. Now time to detox!

Being a military family, we were able to go with Aaron all the way to the gate. It was a tearful goodbye but so great for the kids to see the airplane daddy was going on. We had met a couple while Aaron was checking his bags and they were on his same flight. After we watched him walk down the jetway and started walking away the wife came up to me and gave me a hug. It was a huge blessing from God to have someone to hold me up for a minute before I had to be strong for my kids. She was a navy wife for 24 years and had faced my same situation many times. GOD IS GOOD! A moment I will never forget. I also got a sweet text message from a friend at the time we were walking away from Aaron. I felt God's peace and strength as we walked to the car.

Here's to a quick summer and an amazing family reunion at the same spot in October!

donut treats with dad

watching the planes

one more big hug

2 comments:

chrisandtif said...

I can't even imagine how hard that good-bye must have been. I am thinking about you and your sweet family!

Stacie said...

Praying for you all, Beth. Hope the next four months goes by really fast.