Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Enjoying the moment

Sunday night both kids were testing us. They both seemed off, so we bathed, put them to bed and thought we would relax on the couch :o) Before I could even start the Oscars, Mackenzie woke up hysterical. She is cutting teeth and so we decided to just let her snuggle on the couch with us for a while. Not much longer we heard our other little one crying. The first time Aaron went up Matt settled down and "fell asleep." 20 minutes later we heard him again. I made the comment, "we should just let him come down and join our party." Once the family was complete we decided to have an ice cream party on a pallet. It was a blast. The kids were thrilled with this change in routine and we had more fun than just trying to get them back to sleep. I thought once, "I really want a picture of this" but we got too caught up in the moment and sharing ice cream that it never happened. We were all tired but just needed a little more time to hang out before the week started again. What a special treat! Both kids crashed with no problems after that. We might try ice cream parties more often! AMEN to that!

1 comment:

Robo Family said...

We did that last week. Jeff and I put the kids down early, popped some popcorn and settled in for American Idol, well haley smelled the popcorn and came down so she just hung out on the couch and enjoyed the popcorn and AI with us (she loved listening to the singers).