Friday, March 20, 2009

lessons from a 2 yr old

I have learned many valuable lessons from Matt. As we rush through life I have discovered how to see the wonderment that he sees. There are train tracks that run through Norman and I used to get frustrated when I would be stopped by the train, usual because I was running late. Now, Matt gets such a thrill at seeing the train that I, too, get excited when we have to sit for a few short minutes to watch the train go by. Simple joys. He has been breaking out into song lately and his timing couldn't have been better while in Omaha. We were at the zoo and Aaron got in line to get us lunch. The line was taking forever and it was getting a little ridiculous. Instead of getting impatient or frustrated, we enjoyed our son singing "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart" What a difference that attitude can make in our lives. Always remember the joy that Jesus brings us all. Then, after we signed our offer on our new house, we drove by it one more time and said a prayer. Our sweet sweet boy sang "hakuna matata" from Lion King, meaning NO WORRIES!! Again, exactly what we needed to hear at that moment. How big our little man is getting. He is a blast and we are enjoying the lessons he is teaching us as we try to teach him a few too :o) Pictures soon!

No comments: